It's time for my final instalment in the Harry Potter eye look series- Ravenclaw! The House colours are blue and bronze. It took me ages to get around to doing this look, mainly because of my intense discomfort with blue eyeshadow, but also because I just had no inspiration!
Ravenclaw's symbol is the eagle and that conjures up feelings of sharp, strong lines for me. I guess it's the beak. This look similarly contains sharply defined areas.
Image from: http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/images/d/da/R_final.jpg
Here it is!
|Both eyes open|
|Both eyes closed|
|Close up of my Ravenclaw eye look|
|Close up of the closed eyelid with my Ravenclaw eye look|
- Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed to the eyelid area;
- Place an ice blue eyeshadow (Row 1, Column 6) from the Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette on the innermost area of the eye (not on the mobile lid) and up into the crease and below the eyebrow;
- This is your highlight shade.
- Place Evidence eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Smoked palette (also in the 15th Anniversary Palette) on the 1st and 2nd sections;
- Place The Stroke eyeshadow from theBalm's Balm Jovi palette on the 2nd and 3rd sections;
- Place Smog eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked Palette on the outer 1/4 of the mobile lid and also extend it out beyond the outer corner of the eye, in line with the eyebrow;
- Using a fine brush place Smog eyeshadow into and just above the crease, defining the inner corner of the eye;
- Don't blend. You want a strongly defined line of the smog eyeshadow.
- Using a fine brush, use the ice blue eyeshadow (Row 1, Column 6) from the Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette to line the top lash line and the inner 1/3rd of the lower lash line;
- Make it almost comma-shaped, with the thickest part of the ice blue eyeshadow liner in the inner corner of the eye, and the line getting thinner and thinner, until it disappears into the lash line at the junction where The Stroke and Smog are blended into each other.
- Using a fine brush, line the lower lash line with The Stroke eyeshadow, extending the lower lash liner to make a fine line reaching to the edge of the eyebrow, sharply defining the eyeshadow area;
- Tightline with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eyepencil in Zero;
- Finish with lots of mascara.
I hope you like it!