Happy New Year! To kick off the new year, I thought I'd share my eye look from last night/ this morning. I usually go all out on New Year's Eve but this year I decided to skip the falsies and make my eye look more interesting with smaller details you'd miss if you weren't looking closely. It's mixed metals, graphic eyeliner and lots of shimmer and glitter.
|New Year's Eve New Year's Eve mixed metals graphic eyeliner eye look, one eye close up.|
|New Year's Eve mixed metals graphic eyeliner eye look, both eyes closed.|
|New Year's Eve mixed metals graphic eyeliner eye look, both eyes open|
|New Year's Eve mixed metals graphic eyeliner eye look,|
close up of the graphic eyeliner detail.
- Prime eye area with eyeshadow primer (I used Lime Crime's Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper this time)
- Apply eyeshadow as follows, using the Urban Decay Naked Palette and the Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette:
- Apply Virgin under the browbone and in to the innermost part of the eye space as a highlight;
- Apply a silver colour (Row 1, Column 11) from the 88 Palette to the innermost corners of the eye;
- Apply Half Baked next to the silver and up to the remaining 2/3 of the mobile lid space and also up into the crease and bringing it down into the innermost part of the eye space so that it surrounds the silver colour;
- Apply Smog to the outer 1/2 to 1/3 of the eye and up into crease.
- Apply eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Smoked Palette as follows:
- Go over outer 1/3 of the eye and the crease with corner with Backdoor and Blackout and smudge it up into the crease to give more dimension.
- Eyeliner time!
- Apply black liquid eyeliner to the upper and lower lash lines- I used Maybelline's Stiletto;
- Tightline using Perversion UD 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil;
- Apply silver eyeliner (Lime Crime's Reason Uniliner) in the innermost corner of the eyes on the top lash line, going over the silver eyeshadow to make it stand out more, and extending it out on the lower lash line under the black eyeliner;
- Apply gold eyeliner (Lime Crime's Rhyme Uniliner) over the very-clearly Half-Baked parts of your mobile lid and blend it in (I just tapped it a bit with my finger) and along outer 2/3 lower lash line
- Shimmery, glittery loose eye dust time!
- Apply Lime Crime Pigment in Diva over Half Baked and Smog and blend it in;
- Apply Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in 38 over Smog/Blackout/Backdoor and blend it in.
- Graphic eyeliner time! Please remember to wait till each application of eyeliner has dried, otherwise this will end up being a mess.
- If the shimmer has ruined the darkness of your black eyeliner- go over it with either the liquid eyeliner or Perversion to re-darken it.
- Extend the black eyeliner out using Stiletto liquid eyeliner out to a wing- like a cat's eye.
- Use gold eyeliner (Rhyme) and extended the gold on the lower lash line up and under the black from lower eyeliner.
- Draw a second wing in black liquid eyeliner out from the base of the first wing, but more horizontal, so you have a graphic dual wing eyeliner (like in the look I did here). You will go over some of the gold. That's fine.
- Using the silver eyeliner (Reason), draw a second wing under the second black eyeliner wing.
- Go back and put silver eyeliner over the gold lower lash liner on the outer 1/3 of the lash line so you get a silver-gold-silver effect on the lower lash line.
- Apply lots and lots of black mascara.
Sorry the process is so long- I was making it up as I went along!
I hope you've all had a great New Year's Eve and that you have a great 2013.