Saturday 30 March 2013

Review and Swatches: China Glaze nail polish in Harvest Moon

Hello!

Have you seen The Hunger Games? Better yet, have you seen China Glaze's The Hunger Games inspired nail polish collection? Today's review is on Harvest Moon from The Hunger Games Capitol Colors Collection (Spring 2012).

Swatches of China Glaze nail polish in Harvest Moon (The Hunger Games Collection)
Swatches of China Glaze nail polish in Harvest Moon
(The Hunger Games Capitol Colors Collection)





Swatches of China Glaze nail polish in Harvest Moon (The Hunger Games Collection)
Swatches of China Glaze nail polish in Harvest Moon
(The Hunger Games Collection)
in dimmer lighting

Review:
  • Packaging: Standard sturdy bottle and easy-to-use brush.
  • Colour: Metallic copper shimmer. This is goregous. The golden/copper shimmer bits aren't as chunky as glitter particles (nor as difficult to remove) and they are SO sparkly and beautiful. In direct light, it shines bright (like in the first picture, before the cut) and looks almost gold. In dimmer light (particularly look at the ring finger in the second picture) it's a deep copper shade. Beautiful! I did have to add a top coat to get it extra-shiny, but I'm a gloss/shine addict, so...
  • Formula: The formula is good. It doesn't streak, it's really easy to get an even application and it has good pigmentation and is the right consistency (not so thin that it's runny and annoying and not so viscous that you have trouble getting an even application). Very happy with it, all up.
  • Longevity: With a top coat I got between 3-5 days. It just occured to me that with my reviews of longevity I haven't mentioned that you're likely to get longer wear out of nail polish than I am. I am in healthcare and I have to wash my hands multiple times a day, so my manicure deals with more 'wear' than most people's would. Either way, I was happy with how this one lasted. Even once they happened, the chips weren't very large.
  • Cost: Again, I got my China Glaze nail polishes for cheap off the internet, so I can't comment. I found online that you can get them for USD$5.99-USD$7.50 and it's for 14mL. In which case, awesome!
Final Verdict: A
Beautiful colour, good wear and good formula

xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!