Tuesday 31 July 2012

Sparkly Purple Birthday Eye Look

Hello!

As promised, you get to see why I wanted the L'Oreal Color Infallible in Purple Obsession. I used it for this look (a birthday look for me). I spent ages finding exactly the right shades of purple for this look and I was very happy with how it turned out (got some nice compliments on my makeup, too- always a plus!).


As you can tell, these pictures weren't originally intended for blog use- they were just my own record of pretty eye makeup- so they've been awkwardly edited to be as presentable as possible. Sorry the pictures aren't that great quality, these were taken with my old phone! The lower pic is really to show the purple glitter liner on the lower lash line...

This was also before I discovered primer, so my technique is different to how I'd be re-creating this look today- it's a lot more involved, probably too involved, but I really wanted this to last perfectly all night (and it did). I have written out the step-by-step instructions for how I created this look originally.

Products used:
  • Napoleon Perdis Color Disc eyeshadow in Black Velvet
  • Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Violet Femme
  • L'Oreal Color Infallible eyeshadow in Purple Obsession
  • Napoleon Perdis Cake Eyeliner Sealer
  • Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow 03 Neutral Khakis quad (or any skin-coloured eyeshadow)
  • Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow 05 Blushed Wines quad (or any shimmery white eyeshadow)
  • Make Up Store glitter eyeliner in Soft Pink
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner in 001 Black
  • Make Up Store glitter eyeliner in Purple Rain
  • Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara in black 
  • Napoleon Perdis Long Black mascara


How-to:
  1. Prime eyelid with foundation
  2. Very lightly apply Napoleon Perdis Color Disc eyeshadow in Black Velvet on outer 2/3s mobile lid and into the crease (used to deepen the colour)
  3. Apply Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Violet Femme on inner 1/3 of mobile lid
  4. Apply L'Oreal Color Infallible in Purple Obsession over the Black Velvet.
  5. Lightly pat Napoleon Perdis Cake Eyeliner Sealer over the eyeshadow, allowing it to dry.
  6. Go over outer 2/3 mobile lid with Purple Obsession, and deepen the outer 1/3 and crease with Black Velvet
  7. Mix some Cake Eyeliner Sealer with the Violet Femme (I did this inside the actual eye dust case- I shook it until I had enough eye dust to mix with then pushed it to the side with an eyeshadow brush and used one drop of Cake Eyeliner Sealer and made a liquid eyeshadow) and go over the inner 1/3 of the mobile lid
  8. Apply the beige, skin-coloured shade from the Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow 03 Neutral Khakis quad under the brow bone and above the crease.
  9. Apply the shimmery white shade from the Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow 05 Blushed Wines quad right under the eyebrow and in the tear-duct area
  10. Apply Make Up Store glitter eyeliner in Soft Pink on the top lid in a thick line; allow to dry
  11. Using an angled brush, use Black Velvet as an eyeliner base to draw a line over the glitter (yeah, I hadn't thought this through all that well); go over it with Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner in 001 Black
  12. Use Black Velvet in the waterline of the bottom lid and on the bottom lid. 
  13. Add some Purple obsession over it at the outer 1/3 of the lower eyelid
  14. Apply Make Up Store glitter eyeliner in Purple Rain on the bottom lid over the Black Velvet
  15. Mascara. Lots and lots of mascara. Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara in black and Napoleon Perdis Long Black mascara (wonderfully rich, black formula, absolutely awful brush).
Told you it was long and complicated! But I was so happy with the final effect, it was worth it.

Do you like the look?

xo
Anna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!