Thursday 2 August 2012

Series: Naked Palette_4

Hello!

I'm back again with another look done using the Naked Palette :-)





How-to:
UDPP in Greed
Eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Naked palette
  • Creep nearest to the lash line on the upper lid and blended out to the crease
  • Smog in and above the crease and blended down with Creep to just above the lash line
  • Sin in the inner corners and under the brow bone to highlight
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eyeliner in Black on the upper lash line and in the waterline
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black
Benefit BADGal mascara in Black


Disclaimer: A friend advised me that to make my blog more polished, I should edit my photos, including altering saturation to make the colour pop. I'm against this in principle, as I like to believe that my posts should reflect reality- what's the point of doing a post and giving the how-to if it's not going to look anything like my pictures in real life?
In keeping with my belief that my eye looks should be true to life, I haven't (and won't ever) edit any of the eyeshadow, eyeliner or mascara in my pictures. No colour enhancement, no additional lashes, no cleaning up of the eyeliner. What you see is what it looked like.
Previously, I have used an online editing tool to add text, crop my pictures and decrease shine on my skin if it was glaring (I'm not the best photographer and I do use flash in my photos).
I am willing to run an experiment. In this post, I went to town with the editing- I whitened the whites of my eyes, I got rid of my red eye and used the "airbrush" tool all around the eye. My skin looks almost like a print makeup ad :P
My question is: should I edit future pictures the same way, or go back to minimal editing? Do you prefer the true-to-life version or the perfected version?

Also, Blogger stats tell me a good number of views are from Russia- Добро пожаловать в мой блог! (I really hope Google translate was right) and from Germany- Wilkommen auf meinem Blog!

xo Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!