I was quite excited to receive this in the mail- Lime Crime's new liquid matte lipstick. They're called Velvetines and the shade I have is Red Velvet.
|Lime Crime Velvetines liquid lipstick in Red Velvet|
|Swatch of Lime Crime's Velvetines liquid lipstick in Red Velvet|
- Packaging: the packaging is cute- the red Velvetines cap on a frosted matte plastic bottle.
- Colour: bright blue-based red, matte finish. When I say bright, I mean it. It really stands out on my skin- it's a look-at-me shade. The matte finish is really evident- it gives the lipstick a unique, velvety look. Unfortunately, it emphasises any lines on your lips and settles into cracks- as you can see in the picture- so this may not be the best idea for more mature skins.
- Pigmentation: highly pigmented liquid, one swipe is enough for opacity.
- Application: it's a liquid lipstick, and it's runny. It also dries quickly. Be careful with application- a wobble could mean a lot of fixing work.
- Longevity: this lasts for a long time (like, Russian Red and Mia Moore) without eating or drinking (5hours+) and can last a light, non-greasy meal and a drink. Oily takeout gets rid of it :P Unfortunately, it's very drying (moreso than Russian Red). I don't have dry lips, but they felt dry and tight with this lipstick.
- Cost: USD$16.99 (plus international shipping) for 3g. Not bad value for money.
Gorgeous colour and very long-wearing but also very drying.