Today's review is on Rimmel's Glam'Eyes HD eyeshadow in 002 English Oak. There are 4 lovely colours and the net weight is 2.5g. In addition to the traditional swatches, I've included an eye look I did using this palette.
|Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD eyeshadow quad in 002 English Oak|
| Swatches of the Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD eyeshadow quad in 002 English Oak|
R-L: Shades 1, 4, 3 and 2.
|Eye look done using the Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD eyeshadow quad in 002 English Oak|
- Packaging: It's not the fairly standard plastic packaging that irritates me, it's the incredibly bad placement of eyeshadows in this quad. Yes, yes, the Union Jack is classic Rimmel; there are many other ways to get the same imagery across without ruining what would otherwise be a decent quad. You can't get to shades 1, 3, or 4 (see explanation in Colours below) easily and no matter how hard you try, you end up contaminating the neighbouring colours. Shade 2 is boring and common, yet it's the one we've been given most of. I would have liked to see all 4 colours in equal amounts and in block pans. The way they've been presented is pretty but functionally completely useless.
- Colours: They've labelled them like this: the lightest, highlight shade is 1, the brown in the cross is 2, the reddish shade innermost to the cross is 3 and the bronze in the X is 4. Silly, really. They've given you most of the least interesting colour (2) and lease of the two most interesting colours. Shades 3 and 4 are gorgeous, smooth and well pigmented. I would have liked to have gotten more of those two in this palette and less of shade 2. Overall, if all four shades were equally represented, this would have been a fantastic earthy palette.
- 1: light golden cream with gold shimmer; weakly pigmented; I found it difficult to blend on to the lid with the little sponge applicator that comes with the palette- it was streaky.
- 2: medium brown with shimmer; so-so pigmentation and a little powdery; shame it's the one you get most of.
- 3: pinkish copper shade; good pigmentation; smooth, creamy; blends beautifully; you get way too little of it.
- 4: golden bronze colour; good pigmentation; smooth, creamy; easy to blend; again, you get too little of it.
- Longevity: Without a primer, poor. With a primer, still not great. Both eye looks I did with this palette had creased within 6 hours even with the primer.
- Instructions on the back: IGNORE. I followed the instructions they had to create their idea of a look with this palette and it looked terrible.
- Cost: Came in a gift set with purchase of $20 worth of products.
Hard to get to individual colours without contaminating neighbouring colours. Poor longevity.