Do you love the look of brilliantly red, shiny, sparkly lips? I do. I've loved the look of this gloss ever since I saw swatches of it online and I've waited for what feels like forever to get my hands on this. It's Lime Crime's Carousel Gloss in Candy Apple. It's a red glitter lipgloss.
|This is the stock photo from Lime Crime||.|
|Lime Crime Candy Apple Carousel Gloss|
- Colour: This is a shiny, red-based opaque red lip gloss with red sparkles. One thing I will say is that it's nowhere near as dark as the stock photos. The stock photos make it look like it's a blackened red. It's not. It's a medium blue-based red.
- Application: It's thick, but applies easily. The applicator it comes with is OK but not fantastic. Mine had a couple of bristles in wayward directions, so I had to be careful.
- Texture: It's smooth and not sticky or grainy.
- Longevity: It lasts a fair while, for a gloss- 3 hours without eating or drinking.
- Pigmentation: Great pigmentation, it's practically a lipstick. I didn't use much product at all to get the swatch above- it's opaque and beautiful.
- Cost: It's USD$16.99 but Lime Crime charges shipping to Australia (USD$10.95, flat rate therefore buy more things to make it worth it).
Lime Crime suggests that for a more intense look, you layer it over Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Glamour 101 (described as a dark retro-red).
I did and this is what it looks like:
Final Verdict: A
Beautiful, shiny, sparkly, opaque, blue-based red lip gloss.
Have you tried this or the other Carousel glosses? What do you think of them?