Guess what I found in my beauty drawers? theBalm's Read My Lips Lipstick in Wanted.
|theBalm Read My Lips Lipstick in Wanted|
"A vitamin-packed jojoba and olive oil-based lipstick. TheBalm Read My Lips Lipstick's creamy formula is infused with hydrating ingredients like vitamins A and E, leaving behind a press-worthy pout. Like your favorite daily paper, Read My Lips tubes are 100% recyclable and the lipsticks are infused with a delicious vanilla-mint scent that will have you hooked."
|Swatch of theBalm Read My Lips Lipstick in Wanted|
- Packaging: Your classic tube lipstick packaging with a twist- newspaper print pattern, 100% recyclable.
- Colour: The tube itself looks like a vibrant red, but on lips this is a pinky-red tint. Pigmentation is very poor and it cannot be built up to a more vibrant red, like you'd expect from the look of the lipstick tube. Very disappointing- I thought I'd have another bright red lipstick.
- Texture: The texture of this is very smooth and very moisturising- it's really more of a lipbalm than a lipstick.
- Longevity: A nice stain remains after the initial gloss has worn away.
- Cost: USD$17 for 4g. Not bad, but it's really not a lipstick.
Final Verdict: B-/C+
This is a moisturising tinted lipbalm, not a lipstick. As a lipbalm, it gets an A.