As promised, here is my review of the Lime Crime Unliners in Rhyme and Reason. These were sold in a special promotion a while back as a limited edition set- Rhyme and Reason for $20.
|Lime Crime Unliners in Reason (L) and Rhyme (R).|
|Lime Crime Unliner in Rhyme|
|Lime Crime Unliner in Reason|
|Rhyme (L) and Reason (R) swatches, one light swipe.|
- Colours: Rhyme is a true gold with gold glitter and Reason is a silver with silver glitter.
- Pigmentation: The pigmentation is good but perhaps could be a bit better- the swatches above were done with one incredibly light swipe and they did fairly well. A heavier swipe and it's much more pigmented.
- Application: These are easy to apply. The applicator tip is soft and fairly fine but if you apply more pressure it can splay out to give a thicker line. If you like solid applicator tips, this isn't for you.
- Packaging: This is standard tubular packaging. The lids are nicely decorated.
- Longevity: I had good longevity with these- they lasted all day without budging. I was impressed.
- Cost: In this set, it was two for USD$20, and they're 1.3mL each, and usually retail at USD$13.99 individually. So on sale, it comes to USD$7.69/1mL of product, and at full price they're USD$10.76/1mL of product. To compare, Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof liquid eyeliners are USD$19 for 1.7mL (USD$11.17/1mL), theBalm Schwing Liquid Eyeliner is $17 for 1.7mL (USD$10/1mL). It's a pretty good deal comparing with brands in the same quality bracket. It is, however, still really expensive- especially when you factor in USD$11 for shipping to Australia. You can combine shipping with other items, like I did, to lessen the cost of shipping for each item, but it's still a fair amount.
These are both lovely and I found they had great staying power but very expensive when shipped to Australia.
Some of you may have noticed this banner at the bottom of my homepage:
It's a Lime Crime Affiliate Link. What it means is that if you go to Lime Crime's website through that link, and buy something, I'll get a percentage of the total purchase. It doesn't mean your purchase is more expensive to compensate for the Affiliate Link-ing, it's the same price as for everyone else! It just means that you'll be supporting me and the Bright Eyed Beauty Blog through your purchase. I also want to emphasise that being one of Lime Crime's Affiliates does not change my opinion on their products and it doesn't mean I get free products. I pay for all the products I review and I give an honest opinion- if I don't like it, I'll say so.
Also- for my American readers, Lime Crime is supporting the Hurricane Sandy relief mission over the next two weeks by donating a portion of their profits to the following charities:
November 05-11: American Red Cross. To help the people who require disaster relief including shelter space, meals, and medical aid.
November 12-18: AdoptNY.org. To help the displaced dogs and cats of NYC.
Please consider donating directly or supporting them through Lime Crime.