Thursday 4 October 2012

First Impressions*: Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

Hello!

I have a quick (rather exciting, for me, anyway) update! I think I have found my perfect foundation colour match. Most of you know how big a deal this is for a daily foundation-wearer.

I recently tried the new foundation from Urban Decay. It's full name is the Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup. Let's call it the Naked foundation from now on.
Image from: http://www.urbandecay.com/foundation-makeup-from-urban-decay/4_509,default,sc.html
I have shade 1.0 which is their second lightest shade. I didn't think I was that pale! It's pretty much a perfect match for my skin, which is great. I've been using a foundation that's a little too yellow for me for a long time, but I've been putting up with it because it comes with amazing coverage and with a bit of my usual (properly matched) powder, it looks fine. Plus, with summer I find my chest and limbs get a bit darker despite sunscreen but my face doesn't (sunscreen + hat!) so I justify using a yellower foundation by reasoning my face and body wouldn't match perfectly anyway. Shade 1.0 of the Naked foundation is such a good match that I'm worried that it won't be perfect in summer!

*Newly Updated


I'm going to give myself a week to try it out and see if it really works for me, but here are some first impressions:
  • This is very thin and very runny. I'm not used to foundation being so runny- I like them a bit more substantial.
  • This foundation really scared me in the way it created this scary whitish-cast mask before it settled in- I thought I'd bought some chalky foundation way too light for my skin, but once it settled, it was the right colour.
  • This is LIGHT coverage (*sobs*). My skin is nowhere near good enough for just a light coverage foundation! It is buildable, but I need to use more than usual of my heavy-duty concealer to take care of my redness and acne. The light coverage also annoys me from a money perspective- the product is 30mLs but I'm getting, effectively, 15mL for my needs. At USD$38, that's bloody expensive. I really hope Urban Decay does a second release with greater pigmentation.
  • The finish on the skin is nice- your face feels soft with it on.
  • It's been 9 hours of wear today and it's just started to degrade and go a bit patchy on me. That's with the Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer on my uneven patches/acne. That's not bad, but not amazing.
  • Unless you have perfectly smooth skin, this will not look flawless on you. Why? It clings to dry patches like crazy, outlining them and making them more prominent. Make sure you've exfoliated and moisturised.
  • It does a fair job at oil control. Or I'm just less oily lately. It could be either one, as I have changed my skin regimen and have been feeling my skin's a little drier lately. Sorry, that's not much help :P
I'll post up a proper review soon, when I feel I have enough experience with this to give you a thorough review.
xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!