Monday 29 October 2012

Halloween Special

Hello!

Do you celebrate Halloween? I usually don't. It's not a traditional holiday here, it's something that's been imported from the US in recent years. I'm way too lazy to get a good costume, so for the most part, I don't bother. There is ONE exception. I have always loved the insanely dramatic eye makeup Elizabeth Taylor had as Cleopatra. Despite not celebrating this myself, I am majorly procrastinating right now and I decided to replicate the look (as best I could). Now that I'm done, I feel like this is wasted effort and kind of wish there was a Halloween party I could go to tonight :-(

Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra eye look
My Cleopatra eye look, close up.



Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra eye look
The eye closed. I added glitter because in the picture 






below 
it looks a bit like there's glitter in her makeup.
My inspiration. Image from :http://www.the-anthology.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/elizabeth-taylor-cleopatra.jpg
Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra eye look
Both eyes!
What I used:

UDPP in Original
theBalm Matt Horowitz eyeshadow from the Meet Matt(e) Palette
Urban Decay Evidence eyeshadow from the Smoked Palette
Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow from the Smoked Palette (brows)
Silver from the Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette
Make Up Store glitter eyeliner in Purple Rain (ideally, it would have been blue, but I made do)
Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in 001 Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil in Zero

Hope you like it!
Do you have any Halloween looks you'd like to share?

xo
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!