Tuesday 16 October 2012

Review and Swatches: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

Hello!

Have you been looking for that perfect bronzer that's not orange, not glittery and that makes you look like you have a natural glow? Today I'm reviewing the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer. I love Too Faced bronzers- if I'm wearing a bronzer, there's a 99% chance it's from Too Faced.

Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer




Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer back cover
Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Opened Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer swatches
Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer swatches.
L: darker swatch, applied with brush and then darkened with finger application.
R: bronzer applied with a blush brush.
Review:
  • Packaging: This comes in cute retro-ish packaging, as do most Too Faced products. It's a clip close compact with a very nice, large mirror.
  • Colour: This is a matte medium bronze. It's very warm and not at all orange. If anything, it is a little bit on the brown side of bronze, but in a nice, natural way. In the swatches above you can see that when applied to a larger area, it looks like I've got an amazing (and way deeper than I can achieve in real life) tan.
  • Fragrance: This isn't usually a category in my reviews, but this smells so yummy, just like chocolate!
  • Application: This is easy to apply, easy to blend. I use it under my cheek bones for definition, and when I want to look more bronzed, I apply it in a "3" - temples, cheekbones, jawline and some around the edges of my face, near my hairline. It makes me look like I've just had a very un-sunsafe holiday.
  • Longevity: This lasts all day on top of foundation and powder. No complaints.
  • Cost: This is USD$29 for 10g of product. Kit Cosmetics sells this in Australia for AUS$43.95. *Insert obligatory rant about unjustified markups on beauty products in Australia here* Put simply, it's cheaper online. I got mine from Ebay.
Final Verdict:
A
If you're looking for a matte, natural looking bronzer, this is it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!