Have you been looking for that perfect bronzer that's not orange, not glittery and that makes you look like you have a natural glow? Today I'm reviewing the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer. I love Too Faced bronzers- if I'm wearing a bronzer, there's a 99% chance it's from Too Faced.
|Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer|
|Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer back cover|
|Opened Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer|
|Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer swatches.|
L: darker swatch, applied with brush and then darkened with finger application.
R: bronzer applied with a blush brush.
- Packaging: This comes in cute retro-ish packaging, as do most Too Faced products. It's a clip close compact with a very nice, large mirror.
- Colour: This is a matte medium bronze. It's very warm and not at all orange. If anything, it is a little bit on the brown side of bronze, but in a nice, natural way. In the swatches above you can see that when applied to a larger area, it looks like I've got an amazing (and way deeper than I can achieve in real life) tan.
- Fragrance: This isn't usually a category in my reviews, but this smells so yummy, just like chocolate!
- Application: This is easy to apply, easy to blend. I use it under my cheek bones for definition, and when I want to look more bronzed, I apply it in a "3" - temples, cheekbones, jawline and some around the edges of my face, near my hairline. It makes me look like I've just had a very un-sunsafe holiday.
- Longevity: This lasts all day on top of foundation and powder. No complaints.
- Cost: This is USD$29 for 10g of product. Kit Cosmetics sells this in Australia for AUS$43.95. *Insert obligatory rant about unjustified markups on beauty products in Australia here* Put simply, it's cheaper online. I got mine from Ebay.
If you're looking for a matte, natural looking bronzer, this is it.